Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Europe - Glasgow, Scotland


Hey Guys!

How are you today? In my four next posts I’ve decided to show you Scotland, actually I’m so glad to live in Glasgow so as to obtain my bachelor in Marketing. This year abroad has permitted to me to discover a wonderful country. For my first post I’ve decided to begin my Scottish tour with the place where I’m living, Glasgow.

  • A little friendly reminder about geography:

Alba (Scottish Gaelic name for Scotland) is part of the United Kingdom, consequently currency is the pound sterling. About Glasgow, isn’t the capital but it is the largest city of the country and the third largest in the UK.

Now I will present according to me the best places and addresses in the city to enjoy your trip.

What to do/see?

  • Museum :

The Riverside Museum – Museum of transport, On 18 May 2013, the museum was announced as the Winner of the 2013 European Museum of the Year Award.
Riverside Museum- Glasgow

The Kelvingrove Museum - The collections at Kelvingrove are extensive, wide-ranging and internationally significant. They include natural history, arms and armour, art from many art movements and periods of history and much more.
Kelvingrove Museum- Glasgow

Lighthouse - The Lighthouse is Scotland's Centre for Design and Architecture. One of the key features of The Lighthouse is the uninterrupted view over Glasgow's cityscape available from the Mackintosh Tower at the north of the building, which is accessible via a helical staircase from the third floor.
Lighthouse - Glasgow

  • Necropolis and Glasgow cathedral:

The Necropolis is a surprising Victorian Cemetery it’s to close to the Glasgow’s cathedral, I advice to you to visit both
Necropolis, Glasgow Cathedral - Glasgow

  • Shopping :

In the city centre you will find numerous places to do shopping, for example in shopping malls (St Enoch and Buchanan galleries) and in Argyle and Buchanan streets you will find important chain stores.

  • Botanic Garden : 


This is one of the most beautiful place in the city of Glasgow; it's situated in the West End. Take time to discover this lovely and romantic unusual garden and entry in the several greenhouse to see the numerous plants and flowers species. 
Botanic Garden - Glasgow

Where to eat?

  • The best burger:

KHOTEL Grill House - Argyle street
This restaurant in Argyle Street (in the city centre below Central Station) is for me the best place to order a taste burger, there is an important choice and ALL the food is tasty and HOMEMADE. The atmosphere is really cool due to its decoration surprising and original. Your taste buds will love it ;)
Budget – One bacon cheese burger, French fries and salad : 6£
Manhattan & Bacon cheese burger, Khotel Grill house- Glasgow

  • My favourite uncommon restaurant: 

Russian Cafe Cossack - 10 King Street
Situated in the Merchant city it’s definitely my favourite restaurant and one of the less expensive in my selection. Savours are really surprising, but it’s delicious, don’t be afraid to try  and discover traditional Russian dishes ! 
Budget – Lunch menu: 1 course : 4£, 2 courses : 6,95£ and 3 courses : 7,95£
Chicken ballotine, Russian Cafe Cossack - Glasgow

  • My favourite pub: 

The Counting House - 2 Saint Vincent Place
I advice you this Pub in Georges Square, because the decoration is so cool due to it was an ancient Bank. Moreover food is really cheap; therefore it’s for me the perfect place for a lunch break or just drinks a shot. 

  • Tearooms:

Teatime is an important tradition in United Kingdom, it will be sad to leave Glasgow without have tasted this experience. This is a little selection of my favourite tearooms :
     Butterfly and the Pig (City centre)
     The cup and the saucer (West End)
    Once upon a tarte (Merchant city)

Maybe your Next Destination ?

Anais R.

2 comments:

  1. The Russian café... It's a must! I agree with you -The best meal deal in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Russian café... It's a must! I agree with you -The best meal deal in town!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Follow us

Instagram

Translation tool

Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For BloggersFree BacklinksBlogger Tips And Tricks
English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
Powered By google